Special guest, Nic Chapman (and Sam’s sister) recreates Madonna’s strong 1980′s makeup look. Check out Nic’s new tutorial and learn how to “get into the groove”.
Get the tip, tricks, and makeup picks below:
- Apply a dab of moisturizer onto your buffing brush and work evenly over your face. The extra hydration on the skin and brush will allow the foundation to glide on for a streak-free finish. Nic’s pick is Embryolisse Moisturiser ~$16. (1)
- Choose a medium to full coverage foundation like YSL Radiance Enhancing Foundation ~$48 (2), and work onto skin with the same buffing brush using small circular strokes to create a flawless complexion.
- For areas that need extra coverage (under eye or red patches), sweep concealer over areas with your deluxe crease brush or use a stippling movement to cover blemishes before buffing around the area. Nic recommends Mac Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer ~$18. (3)
- Grab your brow brush and choose a grayish-brown eye shadow to fill in brows. Use short strokes from the root to end, flicking up the hairs for a full look, then elongate the tail end of the brow slightly. MAC Eyeshadow in Copperplate ~$15 is Nic’s pick. (4)
- Apply a flesh-tone shadow all over the lid with your base shadow brush and lightly along the bottom lash line. Switch to a peachier shade and use the same brush to apply along the eye socket and outer corner of eye as well as directly under lower lashes. Nic uses MAC Eyeshadow in Brule and Arena ~$15. (5) (6)
- Use up your brow brush and a dark grey shadow to sketch a “V” on the outer corner of eye, then blend out toward the crease and along the upper lash line with your shading brush to create a winged-out eye. Switch back to your brow brush and line the bottom lashes with the dark shade. MAC Nehru Eyeshadow ~$15 is Nic’s choice. (7)
- Apply a black gel liner like MAC Fluidline in BlackTrack ~$16 (8) along the upper lashes and on the water line with your fine liner brush. Nic’s Tip: load up the full length of the brush (not just the tip) and use it sideways.
- Finish eye with two coats of mascara on the upper and lower lashes. Nic likes YSL Mascara False Lash Effect ~$30. (9)
- Set makeup with a little loose powder on your multi-task brush, gently pushing onto skin to avoid disturbing existing makeup. Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder ~$35 is Sam’s current pick. (10)
- Grab your blush brush and work a bronzer like MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden ~$24 (11) as a contour under your cheekbones then blend around the face once the brush is bare to avoid harsh lines.
- Choose a highly pigmented blush and apply with your contour brush on the top of the cheekbone up to the temple (how blush was worn in the 80s!). Illamasqua Blusher in Excite ~£18 is Nic’s choice. (12)
- Finish look with a red lip and beauty mark. Trace and fill in entire lip with a red lip pencil like MAC Brick Liner ~$15 (13), then apply a slick of red gloss with your accent brush. Nic likes Illamasqua Frenzy Lip gloss ~£14.5. (14) Optional: Create a beauty mark with a dark brown or black eye pencil.
**Now you can get all the brushes used to create your favorite looks with just 1 click. View any tutorial on RealTechniques.com and click “Add All to Bag” to purchase all the tools needed to recreate the look at home.
Never miss a tutorial. Sign up for our free newsletter to get the latest videos, news, and tips – plus special deals – right in your inbox. To be inspired every day, follow Real Techniques on Twitter or like us on Facebook!